November 30, 2009

You have one life....DO SOMETHING!

This video deals mainly with the issue of AIDS. It was made by World Vision, a organization that seeks to release children and families from poverty and deal with important issues such as AIDS. This is still a great video though!


Poverty is especially an issue that I believe Christians need to be educated in. Here is a video that changed the way I viewed helping those less fortunate.
Warning: This is definately a christian view point, just FYI.




This video is from Compassion International Website and once again has a Christian spin. Compassion is also an organization that seeks to release children and families from poverty, "In Jesus' name".
http://vidego.multicastmedia.com/player.php?v=9ugrt387

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Very informative and very gripping. To put my "poverty" into the perspective that I am poor by Americn standards, and yet rich in the global context is gripping. I love the blog. I actuall have two favorite charities one I donate to monthly and the other I donate to once a year via my Christmas present. I asked my husband's parents to donate to the Fellowship of Christians and Jews for my christmas gift last year and this year I asked for the same gift. When asked if there was anything I wanted for myself I told them I would cry on Christmas if they did anything else for me. I presented this to her: "My husband is going to buy whatever useless thing I don't need, you guys can help me provide something someone else greatly needs." Poverty in the true sense is a heart wrencing thing that we seldom recognize because in our blissful ignorance poverty is having to shop generic or bargain rack, when actual poverty is a five year old working to help support their family in a field with no food and no shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Recommended Reading

  • A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
  • As We Forgive by Catherine Claire Larson
  • Hope Lives by Amber Van Schooneveld
  • Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne
  • Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
  • Sold by Patricia McCormick
  • The Hole In Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
  • The Skeptic's Guide to the Global AIDS Crisis by Dale Hansen Bourke
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen
  • Too Small To Ignore by Wess Stafford